HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
KARPLEN Consultants is committed to integrating HSE excellence into their business activities to ensure the safety and security of their employees, contractors, visitors, the communities and the environment they operate in. HSE excellence is a core value of KARPLEN and which will meet or exceed all applicable HSE and security laws, regulations and other requirements to which they subscribe such as Responsible Care. They operate their facilities in a manner consistent with those laws and regulations, and urgently respond to any emergency situation that may originate from the construction operations. KARPLEN is committed to the Care Guiding Principles and to continually improving their HSE performance & will not be satisfied until they reach their goal of zero injuries and zero environmental nonconformance.
The following principles are guiding KARPLEN in their journey to zero injuries.
- KARPLEN is designing and operating their facilities and operations with process safety and security in mind to avoid events that could have an adverse impact on people, property and the environment.
- KARPLEN is providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools that will enable them to be accountable for performing their work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- KARPLEN is empowering employees, contractors and visitors to pro actively engage in promoting safe work practices and addressing unsafe behaviours and conditions before they result in an injury or environmental incident.They seek, believe that promoting safe work behaviours and ensuring environmental compliance is critical to achieving HSE excellence.
- They are committed to energy efficiency, minimizing waste from operations, and preventing pollution.
- Their product stewardship commitment is embodied in their willingness to share relevant health, safety and environmental information with their customers. They also commit to continually improve the understanding of life cycle impacts.
- They review and report their HSE performance externally while constantly challenging their selves to do better.
- They communicate and engage with employees, regulators, the communities in which they are operating, neighbours, customers and investors on their HSE performance.
- They put into place sufficient and appropriate high Global and local standards and resources to ensure they can achieve these goals.
KARPLEN’S HSE Strategies to Support their Policy
KARPLEN success is depending upon respecting and following the principles of this policy.
- Employee Protection:-
Committed to avoiding of work related injuries & illnesses, and to maintaining a safe and healthy work place to support their employees work–life balance.
- Risk Impact Minimization:-
Assess the environmental aspects, safety and health risk of their operations, activities and services and incorporate practical procedures and controls necessary to prevent adverse impacts.
- Environmental Stewardship:-
Support the elimination of emission that adversely impact the environment and the conservation of natural resources.
- Continuous Improvement:-
Set and review the relevant HSE global goals and targets designed to ensure continuous improvement in HSE performanceHave a Health and Safety Policy that is continuously improved.
- Manage the risks of the business.
- Provide training for the employees and provide them with current & up to date HSE information.
- Provide the right & suitable workplace facilities equipped with Safety appliances such as fire extinguishers, fire alarms & first aid materials.
- Provide the HSE posters.
KARPLEN implements written procedures to carry out these principles either in their premises or in the construction fields, while monitoring their compliance with environmental health & safety requirements.